Sunday, May 4, 2008

There Ain't No Party Like Your Own Birthday Party

I'm going to be turning 18 at the end of this month. Against my better judgement I've decided to organize a reasonably-sized bash at my house to commemorate the occasion. I'll confess that it has me a bit nervous. Usually my birthday falls mercifully during the week of summer exams at the end of the school term, and that's the excuse I give to justify why I never have a birthday (everyone will be too busy with their nose in the books to have fun! oh well!) but the truth is, like a lot of people I think, I just hate having to organize my own party.

A simple question from a relative or friend can send me into a catatonic state from the pure terror: 'so, what are you doing for music?' ' fingerfood or a proper meal?' 'how many people are coming?'. Now that you mention it, I haven't thought about any of that, actually........ Oh god. What if people don't like my taste in music, they all stop 'movin-and groovin' and say 'let's get out of here man....' and I'm forever known as the guy whose 18th was completely shite. 

Do people like Digitalism? Queen? Justice? That funny song by The Rasmus? Am I that sad that I like anything by The Rasmus? What do you all want from me????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAH! AHHH!! THE RASMUS ARE AMAZING!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!! whatever. patrick, it'll be LEGENDARY!!! y'can't go wrong with patrick's house and funky thursday, y'just CAN'T!

LalalaLisa said...

You can't indeed, what a marvellous idea that was..:D

And I've been informed of my job, if you'd still care for me to fulfil it, so just tell me what music you don't like and I'm on it:P

I'm so efficient.. I love the exams..

fatrickincestry said...

anna -thanks for the words of encouragement, they're much appreciated...I know YOU like the rasmus tho...

lisa-ill brief you when you're next on msn...god speed

Anonymous said...

some MGMT would be nice... it doesn't really matter what music you play and whether or not people recognise it or whatev... so long as it's partyish people will be happy... they'll be too pissed to remember anyway.

ps- save the rasmus for when everybody is completely twisted!