Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dude, You Gotta Get Out More...


Have been having a great long weekend so far, feels like I'm emerging back out into the world after being shut away inside for too long.

Yesterday I went to the cinema for the first time in ages to see 21 with Cl. The first thing to say about this was that I really liked the soundtrack, which contained a lot of slow beats and trancesque songs and really suited the film, and is well worth checking out. The film itself does exactly what it says on the tin, ie. it's an average heist thriller complete with plenty of slick montages of Las Vegas and a thoroughly predictable twist at the end. That said I really enjoyed it, mainly because I'm one of those people on whom the novelty of going to cinema never seems to wear off, and the fact that I was there with Cl. I think there's something fundamentally pleasing about watching a film in the cinema; the epic presentation, the way it's so intimate and so communal at the same time; or maybe I'm just a guy who likes watching movies, who knows.

Today I met up with some friends that I hadn't seen in ages, A and C we'll call them for privacy's sake. Seeing old friends is a truly amazing feeling, especially when it feels as if no time has passed at all since you last spoke and you fall effortlessly back into getting on dandily. I also came into contact with a group of regular old nerd camp freaks, a body of people that once mixed in some of the same circles as me but now, thankfully, do not, and A and I were slagging and bitching about them just like old times, an experience which evoked fond memories of 2nd and 3rd year.

I feel like just saying "ahhhh......."

3 comments:

LalalaLisa said...

I would say that was a good comment, but some of us have been awake all night!
SOME of us waited at stonehenge for FIVE hours!!!!


:D
Tis well good though, can you tell me precisely what the film was about?:P

fatrickincestry said...

Thanks for the comment lalalalisa, it was heartwarming as usual.

It's about some rele smart MIT student(i think mit is a rele good university, but wasnt sure) who stumbles upon a group of students that counts cards in vegas for 'big bucks' headed by Kevin Spacey who plays a lecturer in the college. Guy initally is skeptical, then starts loving it, falls in love, goes over the edge, falls out with Kevin Spacey who turns out to be evil.....it all works out in the end. blahblahblah

TM said...

it is indeed an AWESOME soundtrack. I downloaded it straight when I came back from the cinema. I even tried to play it and Daires, but you know how people are with songs theyve never heard before!