Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Exams!

Yes, it's that time of the year again. And since I've been cooped up inside for the past week alternating between studying desperately, tearing page after page out of my notepad, on the verge of paralysis from the horror of how much Maths I do not know, and watching The Inbetweeners on 4od, I can think of nothing better to write about other than the matter at hand.

Friday - Irish

I did a very disproportionate amount of study for this one as it was my first exam. I spent the previous week writing and rewriting essays about 'Gealt' (For our international readers that's 'crazy person/maniac/looper') and 'Jack', probably the two worst poems ever written in any language, and 'An Bhean Óg' ('the young woman'), a story in which nothing happens for a very long time. Needless to say, I excelled in the exam, and felt extremely pleased afterwards, but this was followed immediately by a feeling of impending doom about all the other subjects, for which I hadn't done a tap.

Monday - English and Music

Both of these went well since they don't involve much learning off of reels of useless shite, and suit well the winger of exams. Our music teacher Ms. Dunne put the same question on the paper that she gave us at Christmas, pretending that it was a favour she was doing us instead of the truth that she just hadn't bothered to make out a new one. All's well that ends well, I suppose...

Tuesday - Latin

Can I just start by stating that Virgil had NO MATES. He writes terrible poetry. His hateful text has caused nothing but woe, and we all would have been better off if he had never been born, in order that we might be saved from his diabolical similes, which are always utterly unsuitable and go on infinitely, every time he wrote one of those similes he just should have started a new book just for that one simile, but yet again I stress that it would have been even better if he had just never existed... So ye, expect for the Virgil everything went fine.

Wednesday - Maths and Art History

The worst ones so far... Math's was a train wreck, Art History not much better. I'd rather not talk about it...

Coming Soon - Chemistry and French

What I should be studying right now while I write this. Alright I'm going to go do that now. Bubye.





No comments: