Friday, November 21, 2008

Wow @ Artdude



Cian McLoughlin, one of my favourite artists ("and he's also a past pupil of my school - just throwing that out there, as you do... You know, I do a bit of sketching from time to time myself... What? Oh, these things?... Oh no, they're nothing special, just preliminary drawings really in preparation for a more major work of mine... Oh, you couldn't possibly think that! What? Why, yes, I'd be delighted to have you commission me to create a piece inspired by the the next up and coming dramatic production in the Temple Bar Arts Centre, though I can't for the life of me think why I would even be considered for such a prestigious commission as this, but you definitely will not regret this decision, my beloved patron..."), is coming in to speak to our class next week. I can barely believe it. I'm a little sick in my stomach. This is like how a normal person might feel if... Bono (as soon as I typed that I realised how embarrassingly uncool that would be and I'm about 20 years too late) came into give their class a talk, on the the virtues of carefully selected eyeware.

Just look at his stuff. It's absolutely awe-inspiring. It's like he a creates this dark room behind every drawing he does and has the figure emerging out of it into the light, making it all feel so real. And check out his website for more of the mindblowing same.

No comments: