Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The things people do

Woke up today with a horrible sore throat so I stayed home from school. 

Unable to believe that when you're sick you sometimes just have to let your illness run its course, and that there's nothing you can do except to stay in bed and drink buckets of water, I sat on the kitchen floor and opened up all the cupboards trying to find the antidote, dosing myself with whatever seemed like it could have vaguely medicinal qualities at the time. Mostly this amounted to a pile of vitamin tablets and jar of honey, which I went through determinedly with a teaspoon. Of course, with such things there always reaches a point when something brings you back down to earth and you realise what the hell you've been doing for the past 4 hours; for me it was in the early afternoon when a call I got a call from my Dad and I looked down and saw that I was sitting on the hard, cold kitchen floor wearing a t-shirt and boxers having systematically eaten an entire jar of honey. I've probably contracted something worse now... next time I'll eat two jars... 

No comments: