Monday, March 2, 2009

Somebody up there likes me

I actually found the ocarina. I had almost given up hope, when suddenly there it was at the bottom of a wicker basket full of childhood drawings and wasted crayola markers, dusty and battered but earthier than ever. It has a small crack near the bit you blow into which I don't remember it ever having before. But it looks as though it must've got broken somehow, and that then someone took the time to glue it back together; I like to think this gives a satisfyingly used, 'there's a story behind this old thing you know' air to the thing. Even if I don't know what that story is exactly... but that only adds to its mystery.

Damn its piercing though... it was awful, because I found it at ten last night and was yelled at from the playing of very first note. Hasn't stopped me practicing every chance I get though. If I get good enough before my interest wanes I may even upload a video of myself giving it my all on the ocarina (I do love to spoil (both of) my readers from time to time). Any requests will be taken into account...

3 comments:

LalalaLisa said...

Well if ukuleles are cool on the interwebz right now, there's definitely an audience for ocarinas=D

TM said...

ooh! I think you could do renditions of pop songs on the ocarina and totally become famous through it :D

Rosalind said...

Chopin's Nocturne in C sharp minor then Patrick, when you're ready...