Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Schoolboy Error

Spent the whole day kicking myself under the desk that I hadn't taken the day off school.

I failed to mention it, but the reason I had enough time to write such an extensive (the wrong word to use...it implies I got so much "material" "covered") blog the first time around, not to mention reading plenty of my old piano teacher's blog (figured it out!) was because I was at home all day with a sore throat that wouldn't quit. Every time that I tried to eat/drink/speak/breath it would rear its ugly head and spit phlegm at me. Despite being happy about starting the blog and all I had a pretty boring day... so today I decided to give my mild illness the finger and go into school anyway.

What a mistake that was. Most of the day I was choking down strepsils or wheezing uncontrollably, and in the rare moments where that subsided I was assaulted with the work I hadn't done from yesterday. Not too fun, I assure you. The worst part was feeling like a stereotypical selfish sick patient when people were speaking to me and I'd have to keep saying 'what???' or just losing interest because my own coughing and 'aches and pains' were more enthralling.. Some people were not amused. But on that note, who's it up to say how much self-involvedness is ok when you're going through something bad? when you don't feel well, do whatever you can do to feel better, that's what I say. So, what I'm really saying is that I should have just stayed at home... Gona go drown myself in lemsip, see if that does any good...

2 comments:

LalalaLisa said...

My dear boy you forgot the highlight of everybody's day! Major Virgil finshage! I'd be pretty pleased if it was me.. of course it's not and I am indifferent:D

fatrickincestry said...

Oh ye thanks for mentioning that, ill be sure to fit it in somehow next time because it really was pretty great to be free of it...FINALLY! I'd still love to punch Virgil in the stomach though